Quirk Books definitely has some of the most interesting books. The name Quirk is so fitting! I’ve loved books such as MY BEST FRIEND’S EXORCISM, PAPERBACKS FROM HELL, TEN DEAD COMEDIANS, and so many more!
These monthly BookPop! Boxes are always so much fun. I love seeing the different themes they come up with and what books will be waiting. Thank you to the awesome people at Quirk for the free copies 🙂
GIRLS RESIST – KaeLyn Rich (Releasing August 7th, 2018)
GIRL SQUADS – Sam Maggs (Releasing October 2nd, 2018)
Doesn’t my Wonder Woman cup go perfectly with these? Tervis knows what’s up!
Here are the synopses:
GIRLS RESIST – KaeLyn Rich
An activism handbook for teen girls ready to fight for change, social justice, and equality.
Take on the world and make some serious change with this handbook to everything activism, social justice, and resistance. With in-depth guides to everything from picking a cause, planning a protest, and raising money to running dispute-free meetings, promoting awareness on social media, and being an effective ally, Girls Resist! will show you how to go from “mad as heck about the way the world is going” to “effective leader who gets stuff done.” Veteran feminist organizer KaeLyn Rich shares tons of expertise that’ll inspire you as much as it teaches you the ropes. Plus, quotes and tips from fellow teen girl activists show how they stood up for change in their communities. Grab this handbook to crush inequality, start a revolution, and resist!
GIRL SQUADS – Sam Maggs
A collection of true stories from around the world of diverse and powerful female friendships that changed history.
A fun and feisty tour of famous girl BFFs from history who stuck together and changed the world.
A modern girl is nothing without her squad of besties. But don’t let all the hashtags fool you: the #girlsquad goes back a long, long time. In this hilarious and heartfelt book, geek girl Sam Maggs takes you on a tour of some of history’s most famous female BFFs, including:
* Anne Bonny and Mary Read, the infamous lady pirates who sailed the seven seas and plundered with the best of the men
* Jeanne Manon Roland and Sophie Grandchamp, Parisian socialites who landed front-row seats (from prison) to the French Revolution
* Sharon and Shirley Firth, the First Nations twin sisters who would go on to become Olympic skiiers and break barriers in the sport
* The Edinburgh Seven, the band of pals who fought to become the first women admitted to medical school in the United Kingdom
* The Zohra Orchestra, the ensemble from Afghanistan who defied laws, danger, and threats to become the nation’s first all-female musical group
And many more! Spanning art, science, politics, activism, and even sports, these girl squads show just how essential female friendship has been throughout history and throughout the world. Sam Maggs brings her signature wit and warmth as she pays tribute to the enduring power of the girl squad. Fun, feisty, and delightful to read–with empowering illustrations by artist Jenn Woodall–it’s the perfect gift for your BFF.